Meet Our Ireland Resident Director
Maria Keane, Ireland Resident Director
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A RESIDENT DIRECTOR?
- Making sure that our programs are the best they can be so that our students have an amazing experience in Ireland, which they do!
- WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING STUDENTS LEARN ABOUT IRELAND?
- That Ireland has its own pace of life, that there's always time for tea and that although we share many similarities with the U.S., it's the little differences that make us special.
- WHAT ARE SOME OF THE AMAZING PLACES YOU'VE VISITED AROUND THE WORLD?
- Petra in Jordan, the Great Wall of China, the salt lakes in Bolivia, the Taj Mahal in India Easter Island and, of course, the Cliffs of Moher.
- TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND.
- I started working in international education in my early 20s when I spent years traveling and teaching English. It was a great way to see the world. I studied criminology and social policy in the U.K and have a postgraduate degree in Education from Trinity College. I love visiting new places and although I don't get to travel as much these days, I get to hear all about the amazing places our students see on their trips, which is nearly as good.
- WHAT IS A VISITOR "MUST-SEE" IN IRELAND?
- The Aran Islands. They are an easy day trip from Galway, but it feels like a different world.
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT BUSY WORKING WITH STUDENTS?
- I like walking in the hills around Dublin. I love meeting friends for a catch-up in one of the city's great cafes or pubs. And nothing beats a great live music gig.
- WHAT'S YOUR DREAM VACATION?
- Tough question! I have been to the Greek islands lots of times and am always blown away. But if I was guaranteed sunshine, then west Cork would win every time.
- Visit our Ireland resident office website