Meet Our Peru Resident Director
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING THE PERU RESIDENT DIRECTOR?
- Seeing my students grow from the nervous student I pick up from the airport to the confident young man or woman I say goodbye to at the end of the semester.
- TELL US ONE LITTLE-KNOWN FACT ABOUT PERU.
- Peru is a very diverse country. Lima, especially, is a melting pot of cultures, races, cuisines and music, which makes it a vibrant and multicultural city.
- WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING STUDENTS LEARN IN PERU?
- To not only survive but really enjoy and feel comfortable with a situation that they don't fully understand initially. Thanks to their community involvement, they get to understand social aspects and issues from Peru better than what they can learn about them in a classroom.
- WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD TO VISIT?
- Machu Picchu! Thanks to the program I go twice a year now with my students..
- Visit Laura's page on our social network
- Visit our Peru resident office website